As an amazing chef, Clayton loves any excuse to get all of our family and friends together for a good meal. And as an avid sports fan, he also loves any excuse to run sports-related events. Put the two together, and we’re hosting the Annual Floresville Towny League Fantasy Football Draft Party.
With each event we host, I try to find a new recipe that will appeal to all stomachs. While raiding Pinterest for something yummy, I found this recipe, and it was a HUGE hit. I should have made two batches because there just wasn’t enough to go around and satisfy everyone. I would have loved another bar myself.
SOPAPILLA CHEESECAKE BARS
- 9 x 13 Pan
- 2 Cans of Crescent Rolls
- 2 – 8 oz. Packages of Cream Cheese (I used one low-fat package to make myself feel better.)
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Cup of Butter, melted (1 stick)
- ½ Cup of Sugar (separate from first cup)
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- Some hungry bellies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Unroll one can of crescent rolls along the bottom of your pan. Pinch the seams of the rolls and press out the edges to fill the dish nicely.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
4. Pour and spread across the crescent rolls.
5. Unroll your second can of crescent rolls and place on top of the cream mixture, Again, lightly stretching to the edges and closing any seams.
6. Melt the butter and pour on top of the rolls.
7. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle it evenly over the melted butter.
8. Bake for 30 minutes.
9. Let cool for approximately 20 minutes and then place in the refrigerator to finish cooling before cutting into squares.
10. Prepare for the compliments as everyone chows down!